nvidia agp

Brian Fahrlander Brian at fahrlander.net
Wed Feb 18 03:09:00 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 10:54 +1000, david walcroft wrote:
> Hi,
>     Can someone tell me what this means from dmesg,I put an "Option
> AGPPART 3" in XF86Config and I wonder which AGP the card is using.
> Is it using nvagp or the kernel agpgart,is there anything I need to do.
>
> 0: nvidia: loading NVIDIA Linux x86 nvidia.o Kernel Module  1.0-4620
> Mon Sep 29 08:49:59 PDT 2003
> Linux agpgart interface v0.99 (c) Jeff Hartmann
> agpgart: Maximum main memory to use for agp memory: 439M
> agpgart: Detected Via Apollo Pro KT400 chipset
> agpgart: unable to determine aperture size.
> 0: NVRM: AGPGART: unable to retrieve symbol table

    Maybe seeing what Nvidia installed for me (successfully) will help:

/etc/modules.conf:
    alias char-major-195 nvidia
    options nvidia NVreg_EnableAGPSBA=1 NVreg_EnableAGPFW=1
NVreg_ReqAGPRate=7

    My equipment here is a modest nvidia GeForce 4 MX.  I just used the
base installer, and the default installer right off the Nvidia
website...not the beta-test RPM.

    If you need more, let me know...it's not a perfect install, but
Nvidia really works well once it's installed.  The biggest problem seems
to be in merely following the rules, and not thinking too hard.

    :)

Brian Fahrländer                 Researcher, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                     http://Fahrlander.net
ICQ  5119262