Recommedations

WipeOut wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Feb 18 11:22:32 UTC 2004

Andy Green wrote:

>On Wednesday 18 February 2004 11:08, Brittany wrote:
>

>>I am currently running on windows XP pro and it's getting to the point of I
>>blaming Windows (Microsoft) for all of the problems that i have been
>>having. I would like to try another OS but It cant be too advanced.
>>

>What problems have you been having? Because although Fedora is probably
>'better' than XP, it is not magic pixie dust.  If your problems have another
>cause than the OS, changing the OS will not improve matters.
>
>- -Andy

I agree..

Also your move to Linux must be becasue you WANT to move to Linux rather
than because you are having issues with Windows.. There is most
definately a learning curve that you will have to go through when you
start using Linux because it works in a very different way.. If you are
now willing to go through the potentially frustrating exercise then
rather stay with Windows..

On a personal note, I switched my desktop to Linux over a year ago (I
had been using it on servers for a while before that) and have never
looked back.. I started with a dual boot system but after the first
month I never went back to the Windows install again so it was just a
waste of hard drive space.. It has since been dumped when I upgraded to
Fedora a short while ago from RedHat 9..

Later..