Fedora Core 1 and up2date

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 18 16:02:29 UTC 2004

Harris, Kyle said:
> Folks,
>

>             I have been having a problem with using the up2date feature of
> Fedora Core 1. First of all it takes for ever to DL  RPM's, then when it
> does it fails to install them.

Use a mirror.  If you don't understand this, search the archives for the
past couple of days and there are many links.

>             Additionally, using the up2date -register I have registered
> the
> system with RHN, but I cannot get a subscription to any channels.  At
> first
> I thought that possibly there are no updates, but according to RH there
> are.

Fedora doesn't have a RHN channel.  It never will.  While you are editing
your /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources file to fix the above, comment out the
"up2date default".

--
William Hooper