Recommedations

Wed Feb 18 16:28:45 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 11:02, Brittany wrote:
> I must admit but I am somewhat a tightwad, yes i admit it damnit!
>
> I also admit that i got my version of microsoft xp from a friend of mine and
> i guess he downloaded it off of the net because whenever i try to install
> SP1 that it popup and gives mt the piracy bullcrap so i canceld it.

In that case, blow away Windoze TODAY with a fresh new Fedora install,
or one of the other recommended distros.  You're a sitting duck for
cracker/virus/worm-attacks with broadband, as you mentioned earlier in
the thread, and no security updates.

> As for the elite word I was being sarcastic :)
> Brittany

Remarkable restraint given some of the earlier replies. ;^)
Welcome to the wonderful world of Linux lists.

Phil