Recommedations

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Wed Feb 18 21:30:06 UTC 2004

At 12:53 2/18/2004, you wrote:
>Brittany, might I suggest that you grab a distro or two [...]

I'll take that one step further: grab a Knoppix CD which boots live so you
can get an idea of how things look like, then go straight to Fedora Core 1.
I've tried the other distros and it's my opinion that this one is superior,
so I have no problem with recommending it to you.

Or, as mentioned before, dual-boot your machine so you have both Fedora
Core and WinXP available to you for now (one at a time, of course). If/when
you decide that you definitely prefer Linux to Windows, you can later
reformat the Windows partition and use it for Linux.

Also, ladies and gentlemen, could y'all please trim unnecessary text from
your replies? I had to shave about three pages of cruft to make this reply,
and that bandwidth is wasted for 4,000 people...

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com
http://www.simpaticus.com