Recommedations

John Sutherland fedora at sneeu.com
Wed Feb 18 17:56:37 UTC 2004

Brittany wrote:
> I am currently running on windows XP pro and it's getting to the point
> of I blaming Windows (Microsoft) for all of the problems that i have
> been having. I would like to try another OS but It cant be too advanced.
>
> I am a newbie in Linux so maybe you guys can help.
>
> What do you recommand me on downloading that is 1 step ahead of windows.
>
> thanks
>
> Brittany

I've been using Linux at home, work and Uni for probibly the best part
of four years, pretty much all RedHat/Fedora and a little of others for
'fun'. Anyway, I'd recomend, to you as a newbie that you jump right in
the deep-end.

Get Fedora and dual boot it with WinXP, there shouldn't be too many
problems but having a box that doesn't work is going to annoy the hell
out of anyone. Also if you don't get Fedora working, you might need to
email us for help :)

Make sure that you have some way of contacting someone who can fix Linux
stuff - I think that's probibly the best advice *I* can give.

Hope that helps.

John S.