The GIMP

Joolz joolz at xs4all.nl
Fri Feb 20 06:18:53 UTC 2004

> [Wayde Gutman schreef op 19-02-2004 21:16 -0700]
>
> Regarding The Gimp, one of the things that I like about it, that it does
> a decent job of not only downloading from a digital camera, via gphoto
> plug-in, also converts the photos into other format. I have used
> Photoshop, and not too thrilled with the way it works.

FWIW

I like Gimp too, but I always cp my pictures (after mounting the
camera), then I do this:

jhead -n'%Y%m%d_%H%M' dsc*.jpg

This will rename files from dsc012345.jpg to something like
20041231_23:59.jpg. Much moren meaningful IMO. I'm not sure if jhead
is in FC1, but I found it fairly easily on the web.

--
07:16-07:18
Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) Linux 2.4.22-1.2173.nptl