how do others deal with /var during upgrades?

Aaron Matteson fedora at cryptosystem.us
Fri Feb 20 08:12:45 UTC 2004

Robert P. J. Day became daring and sent these 0.8K bytes,
> > Ideally /var/www, /var/ftp, /var/cvs, /var/mysql and the like should
> > each be on their own separate partition.
> >
> > Easy enough to do that using lvm.
>
> ouch.  sure, it's easier with LVM, but it also confirms my initial
> point that the whole directory layout under /var really is a mess --
> a mixture of both static and dynamic data.
>
> /srv is starting to look really appealing right about now.

Yes, /var is and will be a mess for a long time i suspect. Personally i
use /export for http, ftp, nfs. Basically for anything that is
externally accessed.

--
   /\o   Aaron M Matteson - http://cryptosystem.us
    /\/  GnuPG key fingerprint is in the header