Mozilla stops accepting keyboard input

Rui Miguel Seabra rms at 1407.org
Fri Feb 20 09:22:46 UTC 2004

I'm not sure what any Linux update would have to do with mozilla losing
focus... This is probably a bug in the interaction of mozilla with gtk
and X, somehow.

Sometimes I can get rid of this bug by jumping back and forth to the
text console, playing with focus (virtual desktops + other window +
tabs) sometimes it disappears in seconds, sometimes I just have to
restart it (if I'm not doing anything more important with it).

Rui

On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 20:04 -0600, AMAZING POWERS OF OBSERVATION wrote:
>    its what they call loosing focus . just hit tab and i think that
> fixes it . ill look up some more but its supposed to be fixed in the
> next kernel . upgrade mozilla to 1.6 . from dag repositories
>
> On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 18:25, Ben Stringer wrote:
> > I often see a fault with mozilla where it stops accepting keyboard
> > input. The mouse can still be used to select text, but anything typed
> > into (for instance) the URL text field is dropped/ignored.
> >
> > Iconifying and de-iconifying mozilla will restore keyboard input to
> > mozilla.
> >
> > Can anyone confirm that they see this problem too?

+ So let's do it...?