Fedora mp3 - internet radio - installing software

Tim Sheets tsheets at insightbb.com
Fri Feb 20 14:22:04 UTC 2004

MB wrote:
> mp3
> mp3's doen't play. So I ran yum from the command line
> which took a long time dloading all packages. I also
> ran 'yum install xmms-mp3' since I installed the xmms
> mp3 player. After logout and login in KDE xmms loads

I grabbed it from gurulabs and had no problems.  It does sound like an
output plugin issue if the song is over in 2 secs.

> Music PLayer:
> Internet radio does not work - there are no internet
> radio stations. Do I have to get that list myself?

Never tried, but my guess is yes, you have to grab a list yourself.

> Install software:
> Installing software via terminal: sometimes the
> installer does its work (Wine, Acrobat) but afterwards
> I don't see the application anywhere or cannot get it
> to run (Acrobat). Windows diplsays shortcuts / items

Have you tried running Acrobat from a terminal window?  Checking log
files?  I seem to recall an issue with UTF-8 and whatever version of
Acrobat I was playing with.

Good Luck!

Tim