PuTTY 0.54 rpms (http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/)

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Sat Feb 21 06:37:01 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-02-21 at 00:25, Aaron Matteson wrote:

> > >Awesome, thanks dude!!.. I had no idea there was a Linux version of
> > >PuTTY, I have been running the windows version under wine for ages..
> >
> > Out of curiosity, why would you ever want to run PuTTY under wine rather
> > than just using openssh or the other tools that PuTTY was written to
> > emulate?
>
> I was just going to ask the same question, seems pretty pointless to me.

	There are many people who have only used putty under WinXX and are very
familiar with how it works.  Yes, using a real ssh utility is easier and
more flexible for those of us that started on it but having a Linux
version of putty is good for those who are migrating over.

--
Kuramarujo - http://www.webtrek.com/~klemmerj/sumo.html