VPN options

Christopher K. Johnson ckjohnson at gwi.net
Sat Feb 21 21:18:58 UTC 2004

Keith Lofstrom wrote:

>To get things back on track, I am asking whether cipe or freeswan
>have problems with Fedora, not whether comcast might, sometime in
>the future, forbid VPN.  The info on comcast was to clarify
>motivation and application.

>My question was about cipe versus freeswan versus other, in the
>specific context of Fedora.  I have to choose a protocol, and I
>would rather avoid wasting resources on something that is hard to
>get working.  Anyone have any answers to this?  If you want to
>debate the comcast issue, please change the subject line, thank you.
>
>Keith

FC2 test1 uses the 2.6 kernel, which provides built-in ipsec support.
The ipsec-tools package provides utilities for configuring and managing
ipsec VPN.  For a new VPN implementation you should check that out
first.  I intend to do some experimenting with that as soon as I get a
second 2.6 system to play with.

Chris

   Chris Johnson, RHCE #807000448202021