Giving up on Linux...

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Sun Feb 22 12:24:42 UTC 2004

Hi,

> After having done investigations for new laptops that work with Linux,
> I completely understand your frustration.  But after having worked with
> UNIX and Linux *only* (*never* used Windows) for 20 years now, I will
> never give up...

Stuff and nonsense. Any laptop will work with Linux. What won't work are
the winmodems they supply with them. Remember, all a laptop is is a
normal computer in a small case with more things on a single processor
to save space.

If you want an example, PC World in the UK sell their own make laptops
which they guarantee and specifically state that it will ONLY work with
XP. 2000 may work, but will be unreliable (which is a joke, in reality,
it's the other way around!).

Imagine their suprise when I installed RH8 infront of them, in the shop
and had it working far faster than the ones they had with XP on.

It's crap what the companies say about things not working with Linux.
What they mean to say is that as they're so damned brain dead, it's
easier to say it doesn't work with something than it either may or does.

TTFN

Paul

--
"Logic, my dear Zoe, is merely the ability to be wrong with authority"
Dr Who