Cant get my scsi tape to work

Bill Kenney kenneyw at usa.com
Sun Feb 22 15:57:32 UTC 2004

Hello all,

I have installed FC1 on a newer PC and installed an Adaptec 2940U scsi
card and a DEC 15/30 GB DLT drive.

When I issue a command such as mt -f /dev/nst0 status I get the
following error: /dev/nst0: No such device or address

If I just enter "mt status" I get: /dev/tape: No such file or directory.

I did a mknod:  mknod -m 666 /dev/nst0 c 9 128 and linked it to
/dev/tape but it still won't work.

I can see the scsi card and the tape drive in the hardware browser. The
scsi ID is ok but the drive doesn't have a driver listed.

Does anyone know how to fix this!

TIA,

Bill