Giving up on Linux...

Bill Gradwohl bill at ycc.com
Sun Feb 22 17:20:55 UTC 2004

>Can you flash a BIOS within Linux?  Aren't all of the vendors flash BIOS
>utilities only for Windows?  Or can you use some sort of bootdisk with
>the flash utility on it?

I have a DOS floppy I use to boot boxes for flashing purposes. If a vendor
were to try to force me to use Windows, he would get $0.00 of my business.

ASUS is the largest main board maker in the world. They provide a BIOS
upgrade utility that runs under DOS for every main board we've ever gotten
from them. I add the flash utility and the actual BIOS flash file to the
floppy and run the flash utility after a clean reboot. That's it.

--
Bill Gradwohl
YCC