Got Postfix now what?

Jason Dixon jason at dixongroup.net
Sun Feb 22 20:10:27 UTC 2004

On Feb 22, 2004, at 2:58 PM, David Cary Hart wrote:

> On Sun, 2004-02-22 at 14:10, Jwp wrote:
>> Thanks to the help of some kind folks on this list I was able to get
>> postfix up and running on my system.  Where do I go from here?
>>
> Could you be a bit more specific?

This is the kind of behavior that keeps me awake at night (OP, not
David).  Here's an example of someone who (rightfully) wants to learn
and be productive in the online community.  However, without fully
understanding how, why, or even WHAT he should be doing, he wants to
throw a potentially exploitable server out there in the wild.

Jwp, if you want to learn the art of sysadmin'g a mailserver, great.
The world needs more responsible users.  But PLEASE, for goodness
sakes, practice your art in a safe, isolated network environment.
Don't plug your test server into the live internet.

Thank you,

--
Jason Dixon, RHCE
DixonGroup Consulting