*.pdf & acrobat reader 5.0

Alexandre Strube surak at casa.surak.eti.br
Tue Feb 24 04:27:57 UTC 2004

Em Seg, 2004-02-23 às 05:52, Alexander H.M. Ruoff escreveu:

Hello Alexander,

> > Are you using Fedora's 1.1.0 openoffice? These pdf files open ok on the
> > fedora machine, with ggv and xpdf?>
> I use FC1 and OOo 1.1.0. The pdf files open fine in xpdf. At the moment
> I use Gnome but in the office I use KDE and there I get a problem as
> well the pdf file is opend within Konquerer. It doesn't present all of
> the page, just the first few lines. Using xpdf I have no problem.

(that's why I like xpdf hehehe)

OpenOffice has a tool, called printer configuration, under fedora menu -
office. You can easily set three different kinds of pdf virtual printers
(default, adobe distiller and printer-specific) from there - not so
practical as the cute little pdf button on OOo's toolbar, but anyway...
You can test all of it.

The pdf printer behaves slightly different from the pdf button on
toolbar, as printer needs ghostscript to be installed..

> Under Windows XP I had once an errormessage that the fonts were
> corrupted or something like that. I will try it tomorrow again and see
> if I get this message again. However, I only get this message under
> Windows and Acrobat 5.0, haven't tried another Acrobat version yet.

Try getting a windows font (Times New Roman, for instance), import it to
fedora and openoffice, and then generate a pdf only with it, fonts can
be a problem sometimes.

--
[]s

Alexandre Ganso
500 FOUR vermelha - Diretor Steel Goose Moto Group