Will FC2 have MySQL 4?

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Tue Feb 24 13:02:40 UTC 2004

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 12:56:03 +0000 WipeOut <wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Ok, how does this work.. We are developing a PHP based web app that will
> never be sold and the code is not GPL.. It will be hosted by us and
> people will subscribe to the service that we are offering and pay a
> monthly fee.. Would I be required to buy a MySQL licence?

i really want out of this discussion, but...

it depends on the definition of redistribution. normally, i'd say that as
long as it stays inside your organization, that should be fine.

however, MySQL AB salesmen have been sending emails "clarifying"
their license terms claiming that moving the app to a second server
within the organization would trigger the commercial license clause.

richard
Richard Welty                                         rwelty at averillpark.net