Fedora Updater

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 24 14:19:27 UTC 2004

Keith G. Robertson-Turner said:

> However, I do agree in general that both yum and up2date seem to have
> problems downloading - that apt doesn't seem to suffer from so much (very
> weird considering they all use the same Repos now - maybe it's a timeout
> setting).

Actually the main site (that up2date and yum are configured for by
default) doesn't have the apt metadata, so no they don't use the same
Repos.  In essence using apt is the long way around to using a mirror
site.  Most (notice I didn't say all) problems with up2date/yum that are
solved by using apt could just as easily be solved by using configuring a
mirror for up2date/yum.

--
William Hooper