Compaq Armada m700 - XFree86 Problems.

GianPiero Puccioni gip at ino.it
Tue Feb 24 16:11:13 UTC 2004

Hi,

I am trying ti install FC1 on a Compaq and I am having troubles with the
setup of XFree86. What happens is that when it switches to graphics the
three keyboards light flash several times (not always the same, from 4 to
15 times) than X starts, dmesg reports the same amount of "keyboard timed
out[1]". It doesn't matter if X starts from inittab, startx or switching
from a text console through Alt-F7, it does the same. The XFconfig is
the standard one generated by the installation and the keyboard section
is the default, I tried changing something here and there but nothing
different happens. Plugging in an external keyboard doesn't change
anything. In the log file there is nothing about the keyboard beside the
usual (the usual being the log of another machine where it works).
The same machine did run a previous version of XFree without problems.

After this delay everything seem to work but it can be really annoying
(it can be up to 40-50 secs) as the owner of this machine frequently
uses text consoles.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

GianPiero

*  Istituto Nazionale di Ottica Applicata              GianPiero Puccioni  *
*  Largo E.Fermi 6                            E-Mail :         gip at ino.it  *
*  I-50125  Firenze - ITALY     Tel +39 055 23081  -  Fax +39 055 2337755  *