Bug?/questions about spamassassin

Gilbert Sebenste sebenste at weather3.admin.niu.edu
Wed Feb 25 23:12:54 UTC 2004

Hello all,

When I run the newest version of spamassassin (2.6.3-0.2) from the init.d
directory as user root, it hangs when I use "-u mailnull" as the options.
Or any other user (mail, etc), for that matter. Typing ./spamassassin
start with just the option above shows:

starting spamd:

And then it hangs.

Using the defaults with the software (-d -c -a -m5 -H) works fine, except
my incoming spam is labeled as [SPAM] in Pine. Is there any way, from the
spamassassin option command line above, to add an option to automatically
delete those incoming emails when they are detected to be spam? I'm sure
there is, but in my half-awake state and 2 hours on the spamassassin web
site, I'm not clear how to do it.

Thanks, as always, for any help!

E-mail: gilbert at niu.edu                                               ***