CD Writing Hostile-Takeover

Adam Voigt adam at kotisprop.com
Thu Feb 26 14:28:39 UTC 2004

I finally got my FireWire CD-RW working (thanks to those who helped),
but now for some reason XCD-Roast won't burn CD's. I triple checked all
the settings, and they are right, and it gets up to the status screen
where it does the "Writing CD" with progress dialog, etc. However,
nothing actually happens. Manually running "cdrecord" from the command
line with all the appropriate options, does nothing as well (it says
it's starting the actual burn, but just sits there).

However, if using Nautilus, I right click on an "iso" image and go to
burn, it works fine, but this only allows me to burn pre-prepared iso
images, not CD to CD, etc.

My hypothesis is that because Nautilus pops up the "burn:///" dialog,
when I insert a blank CD, that it must be commandeering the CD-RW drive,
preventing any other programs from writing to it.

Does this sound like whats happening? If yes, how can I stop it? If no,
got any ideas?

Thanks.

--

Adam Voigt