microsoft visual source safe

James Drabb JDrabb at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Feb 28 01:39:43 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-02-27 at 00:57, Richmond Pabilona wrote:
> Hi guys,
>     Do you know how i can connect to a microsoft visual source safe
> server that has a ntfs filesystem?
> Will i be able to write to that repository?
>
> Thanks,
> Richmond

You should see if you can convert that MS Source"safe" junk to CVS or
Subversion.  I got the company I work for to switch a lot of development
to CVS.  CVS will work in just about any IDE, where MS Visual Sourcesafe
will not.

You could also try wine.  Here is a little HOW-TO on running vss under
Wine.
http://www.kegel.com/linux/vss-howto.html

This setup seems a little comlicated, I would try to install it under
Wine standalone.

Jim Drabb
The box said: "Requires Windows 98/2000/NT/XP or better."
So, I installed LINUX!
James Drabb JR
Senior Programmer Analyst
Davenport, FL USA