nvidia driver question

thedogfarted thedogfarted at inbox.lv
Sat Feb 28 15:54:59 UTC 2004

I wonder if i should  install nvidia display driver form nvidia.com
instead of my current driver from livna.

i have now installed following rpms:

nvidia-glx-1.0.4620-0.lvn.18.1
kernel-module-nvidia-2.4.22-1.2174.nptl-1.0.4620-0.lvn.18.1
nvidia-glx-devel-1.0.4620-0.lvn.18.1

and now i've downloaded NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-5336-pkg1.run

The reason why i want to install is that i still have Mesa's GL header
files in /usr/include. If i remember correctly, nvidia's install
replaced them with their own, and this is what i need.

Why they weren't replaced when i installed driver from rpm? Can i safely
just get the nvidia's GL header files and replace the existing ones?