Grub.conf example for anyone interested in dual or in this case tri boot.

Tom Needs a Hat Mitchell mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 29 07:51:12 UTC 2004

On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 12:35:49PM +0100, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Fr, den 27.02.2004 schrieb Wade Chandler um 06:42:
>
> [ snipped grub.conf ]
>
> > I have many back kernels in my install which I have not cleaned up as of
> > yet, but here is still a working example.  I boot Fedora, XP, and BEOS.
> > I have never had any problems.
> >
> > Wade
>
> I feel such an uncommented example file does not help anyone. The one
> who understands what he sees could have made his grub configuration
> without such an example.

This all depends on audience.

Most programmers do not comment on the language construct.
Many beginners (and some debuggers) do...

In a mixed group like this, a working example file is a jumping off
place.  Beginners should RTFM and then feel invited to ask questions.

In itself reading the fine manuals takes practice and will generate
questions and illuminate the true word that F stands for.

So what loop construct always executes once.  What are the implications
in this context of a loop if it depends on or generates side effects.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	mitch48-at-sbcglobal-dot-net