FedoraCore1-2.6.3 Kernel Errors

Jim Cornette jim-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Feb 29 22:31:34 UTC 2004

Murali P wrote:

> Hello
>I installed the RPMś relating to the
>2.6.3-2.1.204 having downloaded the same from the link
>given on http://fedoranews.org/jorge.
>I am able to boot without any difficulty.However, the
>following problems occur :
>1. I´ve installed and configured ALSA packages.But
>sound doesn´t start on next boot, I am required to run
>¨ alsaconf"each time on fresh boot.

This is a bother with FC2 Test 1 also. Usually it is only needed to open
up the sound mixer and move the volume control up a bit.

Anyway, there is sone way to have alsa save the sound settings in the
archives of the FC2 list. I just open up the sound mixer and adjst the
volume level.

>2. It is given in the docs at the above URL that 2.6
>kernel does not require SCSI emulation for
>CD-writing.But cdrecord does not seem to work.

Try replacing ide-scsi with ide-cd in the grub file. I have had sucess
with ide-cd for the 2.6 kernel.

Jim