Building lm_sensors-2.8.2 RPM - Help Needed

Brian Hanks bhanks at crackedweasel.org
Thu Jan 1 14:58:47 UTC 2004

First, I must admit that I am extremely inexperienced when it comes to
the process of building RPMs.  I consider myself quite adept with RedHat
administration, so I didn't think it would be that hard to learn how to
build RPMs.  I was wrong.  If anyone knows of a good place to get solid
background information that will help with this learning process, please
let me know.

On to the problem at hand.  I'm trying to build my own RPM of
lm_sensors-2.8.2 so that I can begin to take advantage of the newly
included asb100 support for my ASUS boards.  I've tried to use the SPEC
file that is included with the lm_sensors source.  Despite my attempt to
modify everything for a current RedHat 9 machine, it did not work.  I
then tried to start from the SPEC file that was included with
lm_sensors-2.8.1-1.src.rpm.  This crashes when attempting to apply the
RedHat patch.  I've tried countless variations and nothing seems to
work.

I'll gladly forward the spec file to anyone that might desire to review
it.

Thanks for your help,
Brian
bhanks at bhanks.com