Errors from synaptic

Stefan Hoelldampf stfn at gmx.net
Thu Jan 1 18:25:33 UTC 2004

John Lagrue wrote:

> When I run "Update list" in Synaptic I get these errors:
>
> Release file did not contain checksum information for
> http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/1/i386/base/pkglist.extras
>
> Release file did not contain checksum information for
> http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/1/i386/base/release.extras
>
> Release file did not contain checksum information for
> http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/1/i386/base/pkglist.alternatives
>
> Release file did not contain checksum information for
> http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/1/i386/base/release.alternatives

"extras" and "alternatives" do not exist on ayo.freshrpms.net,
only the following repositories are available:

freshrpms	(the freshrpms.net repository)
os		(the original Fedora Core 1 RPMs)
core		(IIRC the same like "os")
updates		(official updates from fedora.redhat.com)
tupdates	(testing updates from fedora.redhat.com)

Have a look at http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/1/i386/ , there are
no directories like "extras" or "alternatives".

Regards,
	Stefan