Network startup on IBM Thinkpad

Matthew Wilson matthewwilson at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Jan 1 19:53:00 UTC 2004

Hi John
I've had the same issue since upgrading with a Surecom PCI NIC on a
homebuilt deskstop. It seems that the network card just isn't being
brought up: ifup eth0 as root and all is fine.  However why this isn't
happening automatically I don't know.  In both
/etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/ifcfg-eth0 and
.../profiles/default/ifcfg-eth0 I have ONBOOT=yes.   Anyone know if
there is a new config file in FC1?

cheers
Matthew Wilson.