Fedora stability

Fritz Whittington f.whittington at att.net
Thu Jan 1 21:41:36 UTC 2004

On or about 2004-01-01 13:52, Jeff Lasman whipped out a trusty #2 pencil
and scribbled:

>On Thursday 01 January 2004 07:36 am, Krikket wrote:
>

>>I agree.  I prefer the KDE desktop.  I'm using Gnome right now mainly
>>because of the ease for mounting/unmounting disks by right-clicking
>>on the background.  If you have any suggestions for doing this on
>>KDE, I'm listening!  (Or just do auto-mounting...)
>>

>I'm not sure if you mean on RHL9 or on FC1; I'm not yet using FC1 but
>here's what I'm doing on RHL9:
>
>Right click on the desktop.
>
>Then:
>
>Create New | CD/DVD-ROM Device
>
>This will create an icon you can right click on for mounting/unmounting
>the CD/DVD-ROM.
>
>For hard disks do the same with:
>
>Create New | Hard Disc
>
>Works for me.
>
>Jeff

That technique also works on FC1.  The method I described has a feature
that the text under the icon changes from "mounted" to "not mounted" as
appropriate.  Also shows the device name.  But either way works OK.

--
Fritz Whittington
It is the duty of every citizen according to his best capacities to give validity to his convictions in political affairs. (Albert Einstein, 'Treasury for the Free World,' 1946)