VIA SATA update

Simon at the Threshold dweller at the-threshold.org
Fri Jan 2 09:30:19 UTC 2004

Lo Chaps,

Well I have had some success in getting the libata SATA drivers working
with my KV7 motherboard (Via southbridge 8237 chipset).

Basicly after a search of the viaarena forum I discovered a third party
(Thanks to Pekka Pietikäinen), had built a slightly earlier versio of
the Fedora core with the 0.81 libata support. This kernel displays
exactly the same boot infomation has the 2135 kernel) but the O/S has a
new scsi device I can use to access the driver.

FYI: See http://www.ee.oulu.fi/~pp/fc1-libata/ for more info.

I can only think that a combination of factors has broken SATA in the
current "offical" fedora release. I've had a look at the kernel source
but can't spot anything obvious.. Not that I'm much of a kernel hacker
mind you..

Anyways good news..

Regards
Simon

--
This email and any attachments hereto are strictly confidential and
intended solely for the addressee. It may contain information which is