How do I change the configration of sendmail

Jeff Lasman blists at nobaloney.net
Fri Jan 2 17:28:19 UTC 2004

On Friday 02 January 2004 07:19 am, William Hooper wrote:

> [whooper at poit whooper]$ grep -n EDIT /etc/mail/sendmail.cf
> 25:#####        DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE!  Only edit the source .mc
> file. [whooper at poit whooper]$

Thank you.  So it says.  I've never had a problem, and I shouldn't since
upgrades are presumed to make a copy of all config files before
changing them.

I've always had a copy of the file every time I've ever made a change to
it, but I honestly don't ever remember having to use it.

Of course your mileage may vary.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, nobaloney.net, P. O. Box 52672, Riverside, CA  92517 US
Professional Internet Services & Support / Consulting / Colocation