Adding mysql to my path

Bevan C. Bennett bevan at fulcrummicro.com
Tue Jan 6 20:51:11 UTC 2004

Andrey Subbotin wrote:
> В Срд, 07.01.2004, в 03:34, Bevan C. Bennett пишет:
>

>>Go into /etc/profile.d
>

> It's a little off topic of the message, but... Is /etc/profile.d the
> place I'd put some scripts into, so they run on a user's session init?
> Do I get it right?

/etc/profile (which is run by default on login by all sh-like shells)
will run any script ending in .sh that it finds in /etc/profile.d.

/etc/csh.cshrc (similar for csh-like shells) does the same thing for
scripts ending in .csh.

So yes, that's a good place to put scripts to help set up the default
environment for all users.