Solution for Up2date problems

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 7 04:28:14 UTC 2004

Fred Nastos said:
[snip]
> Secons, all the cries to "search the archives" are falling on
> deaf ears since a newbie, especially those coming from a non-redhat
> distribution experience, don't even know where the archives are.
> Again, why isn't this linked from the website?  On
> http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/release-notes/ it gives clear
> instructions on how to join the mailing-lists,

And on the page to join the mailing list is a link to the archives, which
include a search engine.

> but why not
> include something like, "Before posting a question to
> the mailing list, why not search the archives first to see
> if your problem has been answered.  To search the archives
> go to http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/"

Isn't this common sense?  The reason it falls on deaf ears are because
some people feel it isn't worth their time to learn and just want someone
to give them the answer.  And no, that sentence wasn't directed at anyone
in particular.  I've seen it in every mailing list and forum I've ever
seen.

--
William Hooper