[OT] Sigs and so... (was: Sound Drivers - hijacked! - Reply)

T. Ribbrock emgaron at gmx.net
Wed Jan 7 16:22:41 UTC 2004

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 10:05:58AM -0600, Mike Chambers wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 08:52, T. Ribbrock wrote:

> > Cheerio,

> > Thomas
> > --
> > ==> Netiquette - read it, use it: http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html <==
> >                 Thomas Ribbrock    http://www.ribbrock.org
> >  "You have to live on the edge of reality - to make your dreams come true!"

> No problem with the help you were offering the person about removing
> signatures and the likes when replying and all that, good job.

> But, you along with some others from wherever and whatever, do things
> that don't make sense neither.  Putting a goodbye/whatever remark at the
> end of your posting (forgot what the hell it was called LOL), then
> putting your name, then along comes your signature quote that also
> includes your name.  So your double posting your name in the email and
> in the signature, when there is no need.

Depends on how you view it - for me, the first "Thomas" is 'signing' my
posting (and I myself find i very strange if that's done in the
signature - it always looks like the posting isn't 'closed' properly to
me. But that's entirely personal), whereas the signature gives my full
name and a place to find some extra information, should one so desire.
And of course my motto. ;-)
Depending on the list, I choose to add bits and pieces, as long as I
don't exceed the four lines.

So, in short: To me, it makes perfect sense... ;-)

Cheerio,

Thomas
--
===> Netiquette - read it, use it: http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html <===