Solution for Up2date problems

Fred Nastos nastos at physics.utoronto.ca
Wed Jan 7 17:32:48 UTC 2004

On January 7, 2004 08:37 am, William Hooper wrote:
> > --begin paste--
>
> Please don't use --(space) as a separator because many mail programs use
> it as a separator for the signature and strip it out in replies.
> [snip]

Good point, sorry.  I will be more careful in the future.  Even my mailer
uses that.

> > The website it gives (http://fedora.redhat.com) is just the same
> > website that led me to this page.  But, it gives instructions for
> > joining the mailing list right there.  After that there's some
> > talk about IRC channels and then a section titled Hardware
> > Requirements.  No where is there a link to the mailing list
> > web page (i.e. http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list)
>
> Wouldn't the newbie see on the front page:
> http://fedora.redhat.com/
> "Join the fedora-list mailing list or chat with other participants on IRC."

Yes, I'd hope so. Still, when I have a problem, I first go to
docs (I guess that subconciously I assume that I won't get the
info I need at the main page).

Still, I think the point we agree on is that something needs to
be done to reduce the repeats on this list.

Cheers,

Fred