Digi Serial Card....

James Kosin jkosin at intcomgrp.com
Wed Jan 7 18:01:52 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rui Miguel Seabra" <rms at 1407.org>
To: <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2004 12:47 PM
Subject: Re: Digi Serial Card....

|These notes are for RH 7.3:
|
|remove the RedHat Linux module epca.o
|
|rebuild the latest driver straight from digi: 40001450_S.src.rpm
|
|DO NOT USE kgcc (or it will not work properly).

This is NOT an issue, kgcc is not installed under Fedora.  The problem I had
to fix manualy related to this issue involved that the generated Makefile
wanted to use gcc and not gcc32 to compile the module.  I fixed this
manually by changing the configure script to use gcc32 instead of gcc.  This
may not be the best way; but, it worked.

|One way to make sure temporarily is to move kgcc out of the way like
|this:
|
|  cd /usr/bin
|  mv kgcc kgcc.dist
|  ln -s gcc kgcc
|
|Do an rpmbuild --rebuild ....src.rpm
|And set kgcc back in its place:
|
|  cd /usr/bin
|  rm kgcc
|  mv kgcc.dist kgcc
|
|Install the epca-1.56 rpm
|Run digiConf and answer proper answers
|service epca start
|
|This might work on Fedora Core too.
|
|I do have one problem currently, which is that I can't talk with the
|other side and I have minicom set to the same settings on both ends of
|the machines (my /dev/ttyUSB0 and the host's /dev/ttyD000)
|
|Does anyone have any suggestions?

Are you using RedHat 7.3 with the Digi card?