Is it worth changing to fedora ?

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Fri Jan 9 00:22:00 UTC 2004

Gerry Maddock wrote:
> I've been running it for awhile now and have had zero problems (not just
> running X, but services such as Samba, bind, apache, IP Tables, mysql, etc.)
> You will receive several emails from users with problems on a list like
> this. If you search past RH or other flavor lists, you will see there are
> many users having problems there too. There is a wide variety of users on
> this list from Guru to newbie.

I have two FC1 systems running in a production webserver enviroment on
dual processor IBM eServers.  These are in a load-balanced cluster.  The
website data is housed on a Network Appliance F840 NAS unit.  Each
server has two 100Mbps uplinks, one to the NAS and one to the outside
world.

Each server is doing about 80Mbps of traffic.  No glitches.  Not a one.
Flawless.  I can recommend FC1.
-  Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a  -
-                              rigged demo.                          -