cups - configuration is destroyed by printconf

Thomas M Steenholdt tmus at get2net.dk
Fri Jan 9 05:04:28 UTC 2004

Tim Waugh wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 08:18:48PM +0100, Thomas M Steenholdt wrote:
>

>>Is it possible to use the redhat-config-printer tool to configure
>>different access perms and such... I havn't found any place to do
>>so!
>
> Actions->Sharing (it is documented in the help).

This must be the first time using linux that I discovered an important
feature being left out of only the text based version of a tool!

I'm on a server with no X, so no wonder I can't find that feature!

On the other hand, if the GUI tool can do it without needing to
reconfigure everything each time you enter the configurator, there must
be somewhere it stores its settings... perhaps I could use the place to
put manual changes, if I only knew where it was.

I'm afraid to say that this has some similarities with SuSE's Yast
tool(which is in NO WAY a good thing in my oppinion)

Any other suggestions before I file a bugreport?

Thomas