Samba help

Guy Fraser guy at incentre.net
Fri Jan 9 19:41:04 UTC 2004

Hi

I had the same problem, after I upgraded. It may have nothing to do with
your firewall.

Samba 3.0 supports directory services type authentication, and tries to
connect on port 445.

Add a port option when you try to connect. This is an fstab entry that I
use :
//server/share /home/user/share     smbfs
credentials=/home/user/.credentials,port=139,gid=500,uid=500 0 0

The "port=139" option had to be added to allow me to connect to the
share after upgrading to fedora.

Hope that helps.