samba and ":" in filename

Alexandre Strube surak at surak.eti.br
Sun Jan 11 17:38:38 UTC 2004

Em Dom, 2004-01-11 às 13:48, Wade Hampton escreveu:
> I need to write files with ":" in the file name to a Windows box.  I tested
> with a samba 2.2 share and the files written were forced to 8.3.
> When I try to write to a Win2K box, it will not let me write these
> files.  If I replace the ":" with a "-" it will let me write the files.
> File names are similar to:
>     mylogfile-12:21:32.txt

Are you sure you NEED to do this? Windows treats : after a letter as
name of a disk unit. It's a reserved word. You can name it this way on a
linux box and read the name on windows file manager, but I don't believe
it can be used...

--
[]s

Alexandre Ganso
500 FOUR vermelha - Diretor Steel Goose Moto Group