how do I install the new KDE beta?

Trevor Smith trevor at haligonian.com
Mon Jan 12 03:10:13 UTC 2004

On Sunday 11 January 2004 22:56, Trevor Smith wrote:
> > >        libnetsnmp.so.5 is needed by kdeutils-3.1.94-0.2
> >
> > [20:42:15][FEDORA]$ locate libnetsnmp.so.5
> > /usr/lib/libnetsnmp.so.5
> > /usr/lib/libnetsnmp.so.5.1.0
> > [20:56:13][FEDORA]$ rpm -qf /usr/lib/libnetsnmp.so.5
> > net-snmp-5.1-2.1
> > This is provided by FC1
>
> This one I still need but I don't have it. It may be provided by FC1, but
> there are 3 CDs to search and that's taking me a long time... Any more

OK, I found it by reading every description in the add software tool. I
installed it and the rpm -Uvh seemed to go as planned, although it only
showed one line of #######, then said a few packages were already installed
(I may have installed a few of the new KDE packages individually while
tinkering).

Now what? I'll restart and see if KDE has changed. There is no inidication so
far if it was successfully installed.