fedora.us: clamav and fedora-usermgt information pls

Michael Schwendt ms-nospam-0306 at arcor.de
Mon Jan 12 05:57:49 UTC 2004

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 20:17:17 -0600, Greg wrote:

> I am in the process of installing the following on a test box for the
> clamav rpm dependencies and was curios as if anyone here could provide
> some feedback on them:
>
> from http://download.fedora.us/fedora/fedora/1/i386/RPMS.stable/
> fedora-usermgt, fedora-usermgt-setup, fedora-usermgmt-shadow-utils
>
> Obviously these are going to deal in user management and affect the
> shadow file and password file (maybe the group file as well).
>
> So what kind of changes do these make?

By default, none. But you can configure the user-management system
to use a different and more secure UID/GID allocation strategy.

Examine "rpm -qi fedora-usermgmt" and follow the link to:
http://www.fedora.us/wiki/PackageUserCreation

> Will these be part of FC2?

I doubt that. Too late. And I think Red Hat are pretty much not caring
about Fedora Extras yet either, but are only monitoring the community,
which waits for Red Hat, however.