Can't get kernel 2.6.1boot properly

Mike Chambers mike at netlyncs.com
Mon Jan 12 13:06:09 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-12 at 03:23, d l wrote:

> However when I reboots to the new kernel, things get stuck
> when the the kernel(?) tires to mount the / file system.
>
> VFS: Cannot open device "LABEL=/" or unknown-block(0,0)
> Please append a correct "root"= boot option.
> Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on
> unknown-block(0,0)

Try upgrading your mkinitrd to the version in rawhide, *then* if it
don't work, try recompiling/installing the kernel against the new
mkinitrd and see if that helps.

You could also try the kernel rpm in rawhide and see if that let's you
boot.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"It's funny until someone gets hurt...then it's hilarious!"