Non FOSS and Fedora

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Mon Jan 12 17:37:38 UTC 2004

At 04:16 1/12/2004, you wrote:
>On Mon, 2004-01-12 at 09:51, Adam Kosmin wrote:
> > Is it appropriate to encourage people to install non-FOSS software on
> > Fedora?
>
>Fedora News is a different project from Fedora.

And thus not obligated to abide by the same objectives as the Fedora
Project. In fact, by reporting things about Fedora, you could say that
FedoraNews /is/ obligated to publish as much material of any sort that may
be useful or interesting to any subset of the population of Fedora users.
Thus they /should/ publish those guides.

>IMO encouraging people to install non-Free software, regardless of what
>operating system you are running on, is extremely bad advice.

And you are welcome to that opinion. And Fedora News is welcome to theirs.
End of story.

The rest of your message wanders off-topic into a general rant about
Orwellian worlds; I choose to ignore the off-topic part.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com
http://www.simpaticus.com