Eclipse

listas at lozano.eti.br listas at lozano.eti.br
Mon Jan 12 19:09:50 UTC 2004

Hi,

> > > I'm wondering if anybody has a line on an rpm with a compiled version of
> > > eclipse that is built for FC1?
> >
> > This is scheduled for FC2.
>
> Is this going to be release 3.0 or 2.1?, I only ask because I have been using
> the 3.0 for some time and it beats the socks of 2.1

The better 3.0 may be, I guess it's release schedule is for later FC2. Current
release are "milestone", development ones, and I had some serious problems
using them for development. Besides, many plug-ins were not updated to run on
3.0, and won't be for quite some time.

So my opinion is: please release 2.1.1 (or 2.1.2), including the language packs
and everything you can (JDT, CDT, VE, EMF, GEF, XSD), unless 3.0 proves to be
not only GA but robust in time for FC2.

But what I'm really anxious to see is a gcj-based Eclipse build where the JDT
can use just gcj/gij, no need for a Sun-derived Java2 SDK. :-)

[]s, Fernando Lozano