Some sort of console terminal

Michael Anthony Porter maport1 at uky.edu
Mon Jan 12 19:08:19 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-12 at 12:04, Niels Roetert wrote:
> People,
>
> I've seen a number of screen shots of other users,
> showing a window, integrated in the desktop background ( I think it is ).
> On this window it shows the system messages,
> what application/applet thus this?

I've seen gDesklets (http://gdesklets.gnomedesktop.org) on Gnome accomplish this using the MultiTail sensor / display (http://gdesklets.gnomedesktop.org/categories.php?func=gd_show_app&gd_app_id=52).  It can appear transparently over the background with no window decorations.

Hope it helps,

Michael A. Porter