Newbie

Alexandre Strube surak at surak.eti.br
Mon Jan 12 21:33:37 UTC 2004

Em Seg, 2004-01-12 às 13:33, Kenth escreveu:

> So please inform me how you prefer replies; shall I quote the post on
> top of my reply or below my text?

Below the text, always. And please, when posting a new message, don't
just get another, press reply and empty the subject and message body.
This bothers most of people, also as list archives.

They call this thread hijaacking, it's preety annoying. If you use
evolution, take a look at your messages and then press CTRL-T. This will
organize messages in threads, so messages that belong to same subject
are grouped together. As you will see, messages are not threaded for its
subjects, but by a special header, so even messages with different
subjetcs, but belonging to the same matter, are grouped right.

And as you will see also, messages with hijaacked threads (like this
one) will appear inside the original thread (which, in this case, is Re:
perl tk (and jpeg) failing to compile on fedora core 1)

> And what about Fedora with the new kernel?

I'm using kernel 2.6.1 with fedora core 1, and it runs ok, except for
usb. It had some issues with sound, but it's gone now, as I'm using ALSA
on both 2.4 and 2.6. When the machine is running 2.6, looks like I
bought a newer computer ;-)

--
[]s

Alexandre Ganso
500 FOUR vermelha - Diretor Steel Goose Moto Group