Export

Alexandre Strube surak at surak.eti.br
Mon Jan 12 22:29:50 UTC 2004

Em Seg, 2004-01-12 às 16:37, J.L. Coenders escreveu:
> Probably a stupid question, but to let my Java Runtime work, I have to
> export PATH=/usr/java/j2re1.4.1_04/bin:$PATH
> Linux work remember this and the next time I open a terminal window, I have to
> type it again.
> Who can help me to let Linux remember this?

/etc/profile - take a look at line 16 - my one is like this:
# Path manipulation
#if [ `id -u` = 0 ]; then
        pathmunge /sbin
        pathmunge /usr/sbin
        pathmunge /usr/local/sbin
        pathmunge /usr/java/j2eesdk1.4_beta2/jdk/bin
        pathmunge /usr/java/j2eesdk1.4_beta2/bin
        pathmunge /usr/java/j2eesdk1.4_beta2/share/bin
        pathmunge /usr/local/ActiveTcl/bin
#fi
(note that I've commented out the if and fi - its preety annoying having
to write the full path just because i'm not root to make a ifconfig, for
instance).

--
[]s

Alexandre Ganso
500 FOUR vermelha - Diretor Steel Goose Moto Group