How do I know when a reboot is required?

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Tue Jan 13 00:08:11 UTC 2004

Simon Perreault wrote:

> The only time you need to reboot the machine is when you install a new kernel.
> All other rebooting is useless.

Not exactly. With the failure rate of hard drives being what it is of
late, the kernel will likely survive the average HD. You also need to
shutdown to add RAM & other non-hot-pluggable things like that. ;-)
--
"The object and practice of liberty lies in the limitation of
governmental power."                        General Douglas MacArthur

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/